It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:39 pm

Welcome
Welcome to masseffectd20

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Armor-Piercing Ammo and Disruptor Ammo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Armor-Piercing Ammo
Alter your weapon’s ammo to deal extra damage against armor and to shoot through light cover.
Effect: This power imbues the shots with armor-piercing capabilities, dealing extra damage against armor and unprotected targets and gaining the ability to shoot through light cover, thus negating the benefits of cover (this extra damage is multiplied on a critical hit). However, the weapon becomes less effective against Shield HP dealing less damage (this damage is not multiplied on a critical hit).
When ranks 4, 5 and 6 are attained, the character must choose one of two different permanent effects at each rank.
Note: if the bullet is shot through multiple objects, add each object’s thickness to determine if the bullet can penetrate them all. Example: if in the path of the bullet there are three 1 ft wall, a character with only the rank 3 of this power cannot attack through all of them.
Also, firing a weapon with this ammo power within a city may be problematic as missed attacks can still travel through the wall and hit other creatures, which can easily increase the casualty count.

Rank 1: This power has the following statistics:
- Deals 1 extra damage against Plating and unprotected targets.
- Deal 2 less damage against Shields.
- Can shoot through objects totaling 1 ft thick (most walls are no more than 1 ft thick).

Rank 2: This power has the following statistics:
- Deals 1 extra damage against Plating and unprotected targets.
- Can shoot through objects totaling 2 ft thick (most walls are no more than 1 ft thick).

Rank 3: This power has the following statistics:
- Deals 2 extra damage against Plating and unprotected targets.
- Can shoot through objects totaling 2 ft thick (most walls are no more than 1 ft thick).

Rank 4: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Force:
- Increase the total thickness it can penetrate by 1 ft.
Squad Bonus:
- Squadmates (up to a number equal to Int modifier, minimum of 2) can use the character’s current Armor-Piercing Ammo rank at half the rank’s bonus damage and maximum thickness it can penetrate.

Rank 5: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Force:
Damage:
- Increase bonus damage by 1.

Rank 6: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Damage Synergy:
- Reduce penalty to damage against Shields to -1.
Pierce:

Disruptor Ammo
Empower your weapon’s shots with an electric field to cause extra damage to shields, synthetics and mechs and to stun targets.
Effect: This power is useful to bring down Shields and kill synthetics/mechs, by dealing additional damage against them (this bonus is multiplied on a critical hit). It can also stun unprotected targets with each shot. Unprotected targets can make a Fortitude save to prevent the stun effect. On a successful critical hit, they gain no save.
Stun duration and bonus damage varies with rank.
The sun duration does not stack with itself, so failing the save multiple times won’t increase the duration, even if the target was attacked by different characters with Disruptor Ammo.
Synthetics and mechs are not immune to this stun effect.
When ranks 4, 5 and 6 are attained, the character must choose one of two different permanent effects at each rank.
Save: Fortitude save negates the stun. DC equals 10 + number of successful shots of that action.

Rank 1: This power has the following statistics:
- Deals 1 extra damage vs Shield HP and vs synthethics/mechs.
- Stun duration: 1 action.

Rank 2: This power has the following statistics:
- Deals 1 extra damage vs Shield HP and vs synthethics/mechs.
- Increase save DC by +2.

Rank 3: This power has the following statistics:
- Deals 2 extra damage vs Shield HP and vs synthethics/mechs.

Rank 4: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Damage:
- Increase damage bonus by 1.
Squad Bonus:
- Squadmates (up to a number equal to Int modifier, minimum of 2) can use the character’s current Disruptor Ammo rank at half the rank’s bonus damage (rounded down).

Rank 5: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Stun:
Headshots:
- Critical hits made while using this power, against targets stunned by this power, have the critical multiplier increased by 1.

Rank 6: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Damage:
- Increase damage bonus by 1.
Improved Stun:

Post subject: Re: Armor-Piercing Ammo and Disruptor Ammo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Changed Disruptor Ammo and added Armor-Piercing ammo, due to the changes brought by ME3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:19 am 

errata found:

Isair wrote:
Squad Bonus:
- Squadmates (up to a number equal to Int modifier, minimum of 2) can use the character’s current Cryo Ammo rank at half the rank’s bonus damage and maximum thickness it can penetrate.

also, a question:
Isair wrote:
Note: if the bullet is shot through multiple objects, add each object’s thickness to determine if the bullet can penetrate them all. Example: if in the path of the bullet there are three 1 ft wall, a character with only the rank 1 of this power cannot attack through all of them.

you said 3 walls of 1ft thick each, right? totalling 3ft to penetrate, right? because only at rank 4 with the force effect you get to 3ft.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Typo errors. Thanks for bringing this to my attention ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 pm 

If I had a character that went with the Disruptor Ammo Rank 4 Squad Bonus, Rank 5 Stun, and Rank 6 Improved Stun. Does the squad also get the total of 16+1/2 Character's HD for the Fort DC? Just wanted to run that by to make sure that was right, before I fully intend to do it.

Jacob: "What? jus' talkin about Gravity!"

(Motoko's Campaign) James Barret, Loud as F*&% Infiltrator.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it does. It uses your Disruptor Ammo statistics with the exception of the damage bonus

PS: It is not 16 + 1/2 HD but 14+1/2 HD ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm 

That, Hmm.. That could be fun.

Counter PS: May want to quick change Rank 2 and Rank 3 because they say 12+1/2 HD. :?

Jacob: "What? jus' talkin about Gravity!"

(Motoko's Campaign) James Barret, Loud as F*&% Infiltrator.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Oh they do! And that's correct, I simply missed them xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:18 am 

These powers seem like they're meant to be inverses of eachother, but then there's the fact that armor piercing ammo really limits you as far as damage is concerned. I don't understand why the AP takes a penalty in exchange for it's bonuses while the disruptor only gets damage bonuses and a stun on top of it. I'm not seeing the balance, especially when most chars would have to sacrifice a unique specialization to get the power.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:35 am 
Site Admin

Because the AP allows you to ignore cover. Or even better, shoot at enemies in another room (if you can see them with, say, Hunter Mode or thermal vision). Most walls are no more than 1 ft thick so even with rank 1 you can have your shots ignore the cover or hit targets on other rooms. This is a tremendous advantage that had to be balanced. Plus, if there was no penalty, AP ammo would make Incendiary ammo irrelevant since it is far more useful to be able to shoot through walls and cover than having a chance of setting enemies on fire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 am 

Rank 2 and rank 3 of the disruptor ammo says it increases the save DC by 2, but considering how other powers work, am I right saying that they refer to base save, not the save from the previous rank? I mean, while rank 2 increased the DC to 12+ successful shots, rank 3 won't increase the DC to 14 + successful shots. Only rank 5 and 6 stun upgrades it to 14 and 16 respectively, right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it is the base save. Basically, every rank description replaces the description of the previous rank