It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Welcome
Welcome to masseffectd20

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Barricade and Trip Mine (Mass Effect Andromeda)
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Barricade
Deploys a temporary energy barricade that will boost shield regeneration for everyone who takes cover behind it.
Prerequisite: Electronics 6 ranks
Activation: 1 action, used at the same time as a Power-Cell altering its effects
Effect: The character can alter the effects of a Power-Cell to create an energy barricade in a 10-ft side square but one of the sides is open to allow creatures to get inside it. The barrier is 3 ft tall, enough to provide half cover to a Medium-size creature. In addition, the barrier also provides Shield HP regeneration to characters that still have Shield HP.
The barricade has the following base statistics: Defense of 5 and 50 Shield HP when a Small-Capacity Battery Power-Cell is used. With rank 2 and every rank thereafter, the barricade gains +10 Shield HP.
The barricade’s occupied space must include the character’s occupied space.
There is no limit to the number of barricades the character can create.
When ranks 4, 5 and 6 are attained, the character must choose one of two different effects for each rank.
Cooldown: 2 actions
Special: This power requires the character to spend a Small-Capacity Power-Cell. If more advanced Power-Cells are used, the barricade’s base effects are increased as follows:
Medium-Capacity Power-Cell: the barricade has Defense 8, 70 Shield HP, Shield HP DR 1 and its duration increases by +2 actions. Its regeneration ability increases by 1
High-Capacity Power-Cell: the barricade has Defense 12, 100 Shield HP, Shield HP DR 2, its duration increases by +3 actions and the barricade increases to a 15 ft square. Its regeneration ability increases by 3
Emergency Battery Power-Cell: the barricade has Defense 15, 150 Shield HP, Shield HP DR 4, its duration increases by +4 actions, the barricade increases to a 15 ft square and the barricade’s height increased by +1 ft making it a three-quarters cover for Medium size characters. Its regeneration ability increases by 5

Rank 1: This power has the following statistics:
• Characters inside the barricade regenerate 3 Shield HP per action, but only if they have Shield HP.
• Duration: 4 actions

Rank 2: This power has the following statistics:
• Characters inside the barricade regenerate 3 Shield HP per action, but only if they have Shield HP.
• This power consumes only half of the Power-Cell, effectively allowing the character to use the same Power-Cell twice to activate this power. However, once the Power-Cell is used to activate a Barricade once, its normal effects can no longer be used.
• Duration: 4 actions

Rank 3: This power has the following statistics:
• This power consumes only half of the Power-Cell, effectively allowing the character to use the same Power-Cell twice to activate this power. However, once the Power-Cell is used to activate a Barricade once, its normal effects can no longer be used.
• Duration: 5 actions

Rank 4: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Duration:
• Increase duration by +2 actions
Power Consumption:
• This power consumes only 1/3 of the Power-Cell, effectively allowing the character to use the same Power-Cell three times to activate this power. However, once the Power-Cell is used to activate a Barricade once, its normal effects can no longer be used

Rank 5: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Weapon Feedback:
• While inside the barricade, characters gain +1 bonus damage (multiplied on a critical hit) per shot/attack and have their total recoil penalty reduced by 1.
Power Feedback:
• While inside the barricade, characters have the DCs of their powers increased by 2, have the damage dealt by their powers (if any and except Ammo powers) increased by +2 and their powers require 1 less Tech or Biotic point to activate.

Rank 6: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Regeneration:
• Barricade now regenerates Shield HP to all characters inside it, regardless of whether the character still has Shield HP left or not.
Electric Defense:
• Any creature that stands adjacent to the barricade’s front (the side opposite to the barricade’s entrance) takes 2d6 points of damage, +1d6 if the creature is a synthetic creature, +1d6 if the creature has Shield HP. Creature that take damage from the barricade are charged with electric energy for 2 actions, allowing others to detonate those creatures with any tech power that does damage to Shield HP. The detonation deals 4d6 points of damage and affects all in a 10-ft radius.

Trip Mine
Deploys an explosive mine that triggers when an enemy comes within proximity of or crosses a sensor laser. Enemies suffer more damage the closer they are to the mine.
Prerequisite: Repair 6 ranks
Activation: 1 action, used at the same time as a Power-Cell altering its effects
Range: The Trip Mine can be placed in a square up to 15 ft away from the character.
Effect: The character can alter the effects of a Power-Cell to turn it into a mine that explodes when a creature stands on its square or crosses its sensor laser, which is an infrared line of up to 15 ft. Characters in the explosion area are pushed away from the blast 5 ft and are sent prone. A Reflex save halves the damage and prevents them from being pushed away and ending up prone.
When ranks 4, 5 and 6 are attained, the character must choose one of two different effects for each rank.
Save: This power requires the character to spend a Small-Capacity Power-Cell. If more advanced Power-Cells are used, the barricade’s base effects are increased as follows:
Medium-Capacity Power-Cell: Damage is increased by +1d6 and the save DC by +1
High-Capacity Power-Cell: Damage is increased by +2d6, the save DC by +3 and the blast area by +5 ft.
Emergency Battery Power-Cell: Damage is increased by +3d6, the save DC by +5 and the blast area by +10 ft.

Rank 1: This power has the following statistics:
• Proximity radius: square occupied by the mine.
• Laser sensor: 15 ft line
• Blast damage: 3d6
• Blast radius: 25 ft.
• Duration: 1 minute, after which the mine defuses without effect and the Power-Cell is lost.

Rank 2: This power has the following statistics:
• Blast damage: 3d6
• Duration: 1 minute, after which the mine defuses without effect and the Power-Cell can be recovered.
• This power consumes only half of the Power-Cell, effectively allowing the character to use the same Power-Cell twice to activate this power. However, once the Power-Cell is used to activate a Trip Mine once, its normal effects can no longer be used.

Rank 3: This power has the following statistics:
• Blast damage: 4d6
• Duration: 1 minute, after which the mine defuses without effect and the Power-Cell can be recovered.
• Save DC increases by +1
• This power consumes only half of the Power-Cell, effectively allowing the character to use the same Power-Cell twice to activate this power. However, once the Power-Cell is used to activate a Trip Mine once, its normal effects can no longer be used.

Rank 4: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Sensor Range:
• Proximity radius increases to a 10 ft side square (mine must now be placed on an intersection, within 10 ft of the character).
• Laser sensor increases to a 25 ft line.
Power Consumption:
• This power consumes only 1/3 of the Power-Cell, effectively allowing the character to use the same Power-Cell three times to activate this power. However, once the Power-Cell is used to activate a Trip Mine once, its normal effects can no longer be used

Rank 5: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Damage & Force:
• Increases damage dealt by +2d6.
• Save DC increases by +2
Blast Radius:
• Blast radius increases to 35 ft.

Rank 6: This power gains one of the following upgrades:
Detonator:
• If this power deals damage to a creature that is under the effect of a power or feature that can be detonated, that power or feature is detonated, dealing 6d6 points of damage to all within 10 ft.
EMP:
• Creatures that take damage from this mine must make a Fortitude check with the same DC or are stunned for 1 action.
• Deals +1d6 damage to creatures with Shield HP or synthetics